четверг, 18 июля 2013 г.

Museums overview

In this post I decided to write about museums that I've visited. I took this idea from my friend Christina. She wrote on her blog about museums that she liked most, so I got excited to make my own list. Thinking of which ones to choose I end up with 6 ones.
Those museums helped me to gain some insight into the history of different countries and find out more about art and architecture.
First of all I would like to tell about museums of Saint Petersburg. I visited them 5 years ago and it was pretty overwhelming for me to see these places. I would really love to visit them again and surely I will be back one day!

Catherine palace, Saint Petersburg, Russia
Catherine palace is a former summer residence of the Russian monarchs. The facade of the palace amazed me with its splendour at first sight. It shows all the magnificence of the 17-18th centuries in Russian history. Museums that were someone's houses in the past are my favourite type of museums because they give me a clear view on the way of life in a certain century.
Inside the palace there are gorgeous ballroom with a painted ceiling, luxurious bed chambers, dining room and, of course, a famous amber room. I really enjoyed watching all the sumptuous stuff of the tsar's family.
Luckily I have loads of nice pictures from it, here are some of them:






Hermitage, Saint Petersburg, Russia  
Talking about Saint Petersburg's museums I can't miss the Hermitage (Winter Palace). First that I saw and still remember was a looong queue! Being an impatient adolescent I was ready to walk away, but me and my mum were lucky enough to skip this queue. The speculator lady offered a group of people to go inside the museum without waiting, but for some extra money obviously..  :D
You have to spend a day or even more to watch it properly..Yea it's really that huge! It contains all kinds of exhibits from all over the world and consists of many rooms. For example rooms of western European fine and applied art, Russian culture, Oriental culture, antiques and archaeological departments and a lot more.
Undoubtedly this museum is a must-see for everyone who ever visit Saint Petersburg!


  

 Royal Palace, Luang Prabang, Laos
This is the only museum from where I don't have any pictures. The rules didn't let us take any! All the belongings had to be left in a locker and shoes had to be taken off. Nevertheless, there were a lot of barefooted and curious people who wished to learn more about Laos history! The museum is a former residence of the Royal Family. Surprisingly for this poor country, all the interior and furniture inside look very rich and I was impressed with all the traditional Laos costumes and hats. It also has a great French heritage because the town is a former French colony.

 Baba&Nyonya heritage museum, Malacca, Malaysia  
Before I start describing it, I should tell that Baba-Nyonya is a name of the Chinese-Malay ethnic group. This museum got me acquainted with a proper Chinese style. It is actually a house of a wealthy Chinese Chan Cheng Siew, where he lived with his wife, concubines and children.
I think that day I got crazy about Chinese culture. All in this house made me impressed and bemused! Those picturesque costumes, furniture, jewelery, shoes, all the portraits and paintings on the walls.
I just couldn't stop myself of taking pictures..That's definitely worth to see!










Art and science museum, Singapore
The most unusual thing about this museum was an exhibition called "Lego bricks art"
It's a story of one man, who used to be a lawyer and one day got pissed off so much, gave up his job and started to do something he is really mad about.. play lego!
He spends days, months and years to make some huge and absolutely amazing lego bricks sculptures.
It's just incredible how precisely he keeps all the proportions and how creative his brain is.
Surely, this is a good job for a big kid :)))





Fitzwilliam museum, Cambridge
The hall of the museum is a piece of art itself, you can see it on the photographs :) There are also many rooms which contain all kinds of historical items from many countries. It's definitely worth to see if you like an ancient stuff, like I do :) or if it is a rainy day in Cambridge, as it was in our case :)



Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий